- "2023 was an outstanding year for Conduit Re"-CEO Carvey
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Highlights
- Allianz record Operating Profit and Shareholders Core Net Income in 2023
- "AXA reported strong results in 2013"-CEO Thomas Buberl
- Zurich posts record profit; raises dividend; expects EPS growth to exceed 10% over cycle
- Beazley expands focus on cyber security services with creation of Beazley Security
- Alternative-reinsurance vehicles could continue to be the primary source of new capacity in 2024-Bloomberg Intelligence expired
- Duck Creek continues commitment to the Reinsurance Industry by welcoming Xceedance as an Inaugural Ecosystem Partner for Reinsurance expired
- Matu Assurance set to expand as it selects Fadata Core Solution expired
- Lloyd’s confirms Claire Schrader as General Counsel expired
- London Market-Insurance Newslink Global Trends-Editor's Quarterly Highlights expired
- Pricing adjustments are key to German P/C Insurers' earnings recovery-S&P Global expired
3rd December 2023
IAIS Global Insurance Market Report 2023 highlights key risks and trends facing the global insurance sector
-Aggregate systemic risk scores of the global insurance sector declined slightly compared to last year’s analysis, remaining well below that of banks.
-In addition to an aggregate overview of insurers’ solvency, profitability and liquidity, the report shares in-depth analyses conducted on two key themes: (1)interest rate, liquidity and credit risks in a challenging macroeconomic environment; and (2)structural shifts in the life insurance sector, including greater allocation of capital to alternative assets and increased reliance on cross-border asset-intensive reinsurance.
-Insurers continue to have material exposures to climate change, through their significant investments in “climate-relevant sectors” and through the expected increase in claims related to natural catastrophe events, which may impact profitability and capital adequacy.
-Looking ahead, insurers’ solvency and profitability could be negatively impacted by lapses, unrealised losses and reduced insurance demand due to strains on households’ purchasing power in some markets. Geopolitical tensions continue to negatively influence the outlook.
IAIS Trends(179 articles)