- FCA sets out new rules to maintain access to cash in an increasingly digital world
- FCA publishes update on the cash savings market
- Greater support for people’s financial decisions, under regulator and government proposals
- Mortgage lending remained weak throughout Q3-UK Finance
- Financial Services industry buoyed by continued growth in Digital Marketing skills-Target Internet
- PwC UK announce partnership with Starling
- illimity structures the first securitisation of the Trasteel Group for E77m expired
- Liberis secures $112m from HSBC Innovation Banking and BCI Capital to expand embedded business finance platform across Europe and North America expired
- Domestic economy is under pressure but the market is cheap-Hargreaves Lansdown expired
- FCA sets out credit information market improvements expired
- Recent advancements in generative AI can save the banking industry $27bn annually-Lucinity expired
- Moneyfacts Year in Review 2023 Savings expired
3rd October 2023
Lloyds Bank releases new Digital ID app with Yoti
Lloyds Bank has released a new Digital ID app with Yoti– Lloyds Bank Smart ID. The app gives people a more private, secure and convenient way to prove their age or identity through their mobile phone.
This follows the £10m investment Lloyds Banking Group made in Yoti earlier this year. The investment supported the development of a new, reusable digital identity app to help combat the growing risks of identity fraud, which is one of the biggest fraud threats to the UK public.
Lloyds Bank Smart ID is a reusable Digital ID which transforms the way people prove their age and identity. It allows people to share specific information with businesses who request it–such as name, date of birth or an ‘over 18’ proof of age–without having to show physical identity documents or share an excessive amount of personal data.
The app is built using Yoti’s technology, which is certified to meet the highest security and privacy standards, including ISO 27001 and 27701, and SOC2 Type II. The free app is available to UK residents.
Yoti has already launched a number of successful Digital ID apps. In the UK, the Yoti ID and Post Office EasyID apps are already accepted to pick up parcels at the Post Office and as proof of age at cinemas and convenience stores (excluding alcohol sales). Last year, they were also certified by the UK government as proof of identity for right to work, right to rent and criminal record checks.
Yoti, Lloyds Bank and Post Office are committed to bringing Digital ID to as many people in the UK as possible. The introduction of Lloyds Bank Smart ID gives more people the opportunity to create a secure, reusable Digital ID.
Businesses that accept Yoti ID and EasyID can now accept Lloyds Bank Smart ID, which is available in the app stores. The three Digital ID apps are interoperable, so they can be used in all the same places. Together, Lloyds Bank Smart ID, Yoti ID and Post Office EasyID form ‘Digital ID Connect’, the UK’s largest network of reusable Digital ID apps with over four million downloads already. The three companies will announce new ways people can use their Digital ID apps over the coming months.
James Fulker, Chief Digital Officer at Lloyds Banking Group said:
“Lloyds Bank Smart ID means UK consumers now have further access to secure, digital ways of proving their identity and it marks a significant milestone following our investment in Yoti. We look forward to our continued work developing this proposition with Yoti.”
Robin Tombs, CEO at Yoti said:
“Built using our leading identity verification technology, Lloyds Bank Smart ID will make it easier and safer for more people in the UK to prove who they are. Digital IDs transform the way we share our personal data, allowing us to only share the information a business needs, rather than showing a full identity document. Digital IDs can reduce identity theft, increase the security of our personal data, and create more trust between people and businesses. I’m delighted to have the UK’s largest bank accelerate the network of reusable Digital ID apps so even more people have the opportunity to take control of their digital identities."
Elinor Hull, Post Office Identity Services Director said, “We’re delighted that our partner Yoti has released a Digital ID app with Lloyds Bank. This will help ensure more people have confidence when it comes to sharing their personal data and together as leaders in the industry we will be increasing the use of Digital ID throughout the UK.”
Lloyds Trends(925 articles)
Yoti Trends(3 articles)