- A third of UK business leaders unhappy with how they handled the pandemic
- Retail investing boom continues: Average investor to increase investments by 19% per month says Barclays
- Four in five investors yet to make tangible changes to portfolio due to inflation, research shows
- UK home to top three global e-commerce market when compared to national GDP
- Finance industry to invest heavily in new technology over coming 12 months
- Ranked: UK among countries MOST interested in gold price
- Why Perpetual KYC is essential to tackling financial crime-Wayne Johnson, CEO and co-founder, Encompass comments expired
- Quality of custodial services is seen as the most ‘significant’ hurdle to institutional investors investing in cryptocurrencies expired
- Bitcoin will hit all-time highs again this year, crypto is inevitable future: deVere CEO expired
- Bank of England reports on review of ethnic diversity and inclusion at the bank expired
- Banking Circle chooses SIA to launch Instant Payments Service in Europe expired
- Prometeia and Fabrick partner to launch new digital wealth management solution harnessing AI and Open Finance expired
15th June 2021
Findlay appointed Chair of the FCA’s Markets Practitioner Panel
The Financial Conduct Authority(FCA) has appointed Non-Executive Chair of the London Stock Exchange(LSE) Michael Findlay, as the Chair of its independent Markets Practitioner Panel. He will take up the post from 1st July 2021, succeeding Interim Chair Tim Waddell, Vice Chairman, Global Corporate & Investment Banking for EMEA, BofA Securities.
Welcoming the appointment, the FCA’s Chair Charles Randell comments "Michael brings deep capital markets and corporate experience, with an appreciation of the important role that the Panel plays in ensuring our regulation is targeted and effective. Well-functioning capital markets will remain vital to support the economy as the UK starts to recover from the impact of the pandemic.
We will continue to value the robust and constructive challenge of the Panel particularly as we contemplate our approach to the future of regulation and transformation. I know Michael will continue the excellent work of his predecessor and I look forward to working with him in the years ahead.
I would like to thank Tim for his contribution as both a member and Chair, and especially for steering the Panel throughout the pandemic, allowing it to provide timely input into the FCA’s work."
Findlay added "With the regulator and industry considering how markets need to adapt to be fit for the future, it is especially important that the FCA can call on the expertise of senior industry practitioners. I look forward to working together with my colleagues on the Panel and drawing on their broad experience of capital markets to help the FCA achieve a balanced regulatory approach whilst upholding the highest standards."
The Markets Practitioner Panel provides external and independent input to the FCA from the point of view of financial market participants.
FCA Trends(399 articles)