- A third of UK business leaders unhappy with how they handled the pandemic
- Retail investing boom continues: Average investor to increase investments by 19% per month says Barclays
- Four in five investors yet to make tangible changes to portfolio due to inflation, research shows
- UK home to top three global e-commerce market when compared to national GDP
- Finance industry to invest heavily in new technology over coming 12 months
- Ranked: UK among countries MOST interested in gold price
- Why Perpetual KYC is essential to tackling financial crime-Wayne Johnson, CEO and co-founder, Encompass comments expired
- Quality of custodial services is seen as the most ‘significant’ hurdle to institutional investors investing in cryptocurrencies expired
- Bitcoin will hit all-time highs again this year, crypto is inevitable future: deVere CEO expired
- Bank of England reports on review of ethnic diversity and inclusion at the bank expired
- Banking Circle chooses SIA to launch Instant Payments Service in Europe expired
- Prometeia and Fabrick partner to launch new digital wealth management solution harnessing AI and Open Finance expired
15th June 2021
Barclays announces establishment of a new position of Global Chairman of Banking, and the Global Chairman’s Group within the Corporate & Investment Bank
The Group, led by Alex Lynch, Global Chairman of Banking, will bring together Barclays’ most senior and experienced investment bankers in the new role focused on driving client relationships, commercial opportunities, and revenue growth across all of the bank’s business lines and regions. The Group will focus on growing CEO and Board-level relationships, and on delivering strategic, value-added advice and services, particularly across M&A and ECM.
Each Global Chairman who is promoted to this role will be embedded in the appropriate industry/product group or region most closely aligned with the individual’s area of expertise, experience, and client relationships. The following senior Banking colleagues have been promoted to the role of Global Chairman of Banking:
“The role of Global Chairman of Banking is one reserved for Barclays’ most experienced and senior investment bankers, each of whom has earned the trust and valued respect of clients as well as colleagues across the firm,” comments Paul Compton, Global Head of Banking, and Co-President of Barclays Bank PLC.
The Group will also serve an important role in further enhancing the training and development of Barclays’ next generation of leaders, enhancing and role-modeling the banks’ culture while driving the high standards of excellence and best practices required within a high performance culture.
A new committee–comprising members of the Corporate & Investment Bank Management Team – has evaluated each of the bankers promoted to this role, and will similarly evaluate all future candidates. Specific criteria were developed for the selection process.
“We seek to deliver extraordinary outcomes for our clients through our full service, global investment banking model, and the full power of the Barclays’ franchise,” adds Lynch. “We know that the Global Chairman’s Group will further accelerate our progress by enhancing our ability to leverage the entire organisation for our clients, lead with best-in-class strategic content and advice, bring together our CIB commercial imperatives, and enhance our focus on colleague development.”
Barclays Trends(1,011 articles)