- Chubb 's first quarter InFocus Report, "Cyber Criminals Increasingly Target Small Businesses" examines the emergence of new dominant strains of ransomware
- Geneva Association publishes new research Report-"Healthcare in Emerging Markets-Exploring the Protection Gaps"
- ABI welcomes Ogden first review
- CII New Generation Claims Group launch a landmark guide for the compensation of claims in the event of a riot
- Munich Re raises profit guidance to around E2.5bn for 2019-rise in dividend and further share buy-back programme to be proposed at AGM
- SCOR announces a range of senior appointments
- Duck Creek Technologies solutions selected by Australian-based Avant Mutual expired
- Majesco to acquire the India-based insurance software business from its parent company, Majesco Limited expired
- Majesco announce Carroll to lead European operation as Managing Director based in Dublin expired
- KW Specialty selects Sapiens Core Suite for Property & Casualty and ReinsurancePro expired
- MORE TH>N introduces new cashback scheme to help loyal customers offset the cost of renewing their insurance expired
- Antares appoints Campbell as Head of Financial Institutions at Antares Syndicate 1274 expired
13th March 2019
Shift Technology closes C-round investment of $60m bringing total investment in the company to $100m
Shift Technology, a provider of AI-native solutions for the global insurance industry, today announced the company has closed a C-round investment of $60m, bringing total investment in the company to $100m. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round and was joined by previous investors including Accel, General Catalyst and Iris Capital. The investment will support the company’s expansion, bolstering Shift’s existing global presence, particularly in the US and Japanese markets, as well as R&D and new product development.
“We are thrilled to partner with the Shift team. They have built a powerful AI platform that is transforming the insurance market and we are confident that they are just getting started,” explained Charles Birnbaum, partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. “The Shift team has already had a great deal of success with carriers all over the world and we are excited to support their next phase of growth as they help their customers navigate the digital transformation that is now in full swing in this industry.”
Since its founding in 2014, Shift Technology has experienced exceptional global growth. The company’s more than 200 employees serve clients across Europe, Asia and the Americas from its headquarters in Paris and offices in Boston, Tokyo, London, Hong Kong, Madrid, Singapore, Toronto and Zurich.
FORCE, Shift’s fraud detection solution, is in use by insurers around the world across all lines of business. The solution has analyzed hundreds of millions of claims to identify potential fraud, giving fraud handlers a powerful decision-making platform specifically designed to scale their capacity and add greater efficiency to claims processing.
This new funding will support continued evolution of Shift’s fraud detection solutions and enable the company to accelerate product development focused on automating the entire claims process for carriers and their customers. Shift will provide a claims automation solution that mitigates the increased fraud risks and other unique challenges of high-volume, low-touch claims analysis. This will enable carriers to provide an exceptional customer experience by confidently delivering straight through processing at greater scale than previously possible. AXA Spain, a long-time Shift client and early adopter of the company’s solutions, is already benefiting from Shift’s innovations in the claim automation space.
In addition to supporting new product innovation, this latest funding round will be used to drive go-to-market strategies in key geographies. The company is expanding its US headquarters in Boston and its offices in Tokyo, and plans to hire for positions including data scientists, developers, and sales and marketing professionals. In just over four years, the company counts many of the world’s leading insurance brands as clients. These notable companies include AG2R LA MONDIALE, CNA Financial Corporation, Credit Agricole Pacifica & Spirica, Covéa, Harmonie Mutuelle Groupe VYV, Liberty Mutual, MACIF, MS&AD Insurance Group, P&V Group, and the General Insurance Association of Singapore and the Hong Kong Federation of Insurers, among more than 70 clients in over 25 countries.
“I’m incredibly proud of what our team–with the support of an amazing board of directors–has been able to accomplish in a relatively short time,” stated Jeremy Jawish, ceo and co-founder, Shift Technology. “Our AI-native technology is helping the world’s leading insurance companies inject greater efficiency and accuracy into their systems. We’re supporting their digital transformation strategies and helping them improve customer satisfaction. We strongly believe that AI can benefit so many more aspects of the claims process and of the insurance policy lifecycle overall. With this investment, we’re well positioned for our next phase of growth and development.”
Shift Technology Trends(8 articles)