- Briggs steps down at Aviva-other senior management changes
- Fitch says US property/casualty(P/C) industry returned to a modest statutory underwriting profit in 2018
- Willis Reinsurance Index down 10% to $335.7bn at 2018 year-end
- Hiscox Cyber Readiness Report 2019 indicates sharp increase in the number and cost of cyber attacks is the key finding in a study of more than 5,400 organisations across seven countries
- Consumer Intelligence survey highlights UK customers overwhelmed by insurance information
- FCA publishes Feedback Statement summarising the responses received to its Discussion Paper - ‘A duty of care and potential alternative approaches’
- Majesco reports its annual customer conference crushed attendance records-announces partnership with DataRobot expired
- Majesco announces wide range of ready-to-use partner apps available in the Majesco Digital1st EcoExchange marketplace expired
- S&P Global Ratings and Guidewire Software announce increased collaboration to inform cyber security factors expired
- AmeriTrust chooses Xponent Underwriting Workstation from Intellect SEEC for underwriting transformation expired
- Travelers reports strong first quarter expired
- Trust Re holds AGM and welcomes new ceo expired
10th February 2019
Lloyd's appoint Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network
Lloyd’s has confirmed the appointment of David Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network, where he will play a key advisory role in the development of Lloyd’s international network.
He will take up the position at Lloyd’s immediately. With extensive international industry experience spanning four decades across a number of executive roles, including ceo of QBE North America(2013-2016) and Chief Executive of XL Group’s global insurance operations(2008-2011),Duclos’s non-executive director appointment further bolsters Lloyd’s leadership team following the appointment of cfo Burkhard Keese.
John Neal, ceo of Lloyd’s, comments “Dave is a fantastic asset to Lloyd’s and I’m delighted he has agreed to join us. He brings with him an incredible wealth of knowledge and insight which will be of huge value in the months ahead as we put in place a new geographical focus, concentrating on the developed markets that have the greatest potential for future growth.
We’ll be looking at new opportunities in the US, in Europe through Lloyd’s Brussels, together with those emerging markets where we are likely to see the best return on our investment. Dave’s leadership and expertise will ensure that Lloyd’s is better positioned to maximise these opportunities.”
Duclos added “I am pleased to be joining Lloyd’s in this advisory capacity at a period of great opportunity for the market, and to work closely with the Lloyd’s leadership team. Lloyd’s international network is a strong and much-admired asset for the market and I will bring my experiences in global insurance to further strengthen Lloyd’s position in the US and across the world.”
Lloyd's Trends(2,637 articles)