- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Aon releases 2019 Cyber Security Risk Report
- Europ Assistance Cyber Barometer explores consumer sentiment on Cyber Security across nine countries
- Conning study suggests US workers' compensation insurance results of recent years are poised for change
- AMICE highlights the impact of disparate and excessively burdensome regulation on the mutual and cooperative insurance workforce
- AIG reports loss of $622m in fourth quarter-CEO Duperreault "expects to achieve an underwriting profit entering 2019 in General Insurance"
- Allianz reports highest ever operating profit of E11.5bn in 2018 expired
- Digital Risks achieves Lloyd’s coverholder status expired
- Santam selects further Guidewire solutions expired
- RMS U.S. Wildfire High Definition (HD) Model released expired
- deVere Group acquire in UAE expired
- The Hanover to join RSA's Global Network as a Strategic Network Partner in the US expired
10th February 2019
Lloyd's appoint Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network
Lloyd’s has confirmed the appointment of David Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network, where he will play a key advisory role in the development of Lloyd’s international network.
He will take up the position at Lloyd’s immediately. With extensive international industry experience spanning four decades across a number of executive roles, including ceo of QBE North America(2013-2016) and Chief Executive of XL Group’s global insurance operations(2008-2011),Duclos’s non-executive director appointment further bolsters Lloyd’s leadership team following the appointment of cfo Burkhard Keese.
John Neal, ceo of Lloyd’s, comments “Dave is a fantastic asset to Lloyd’s and I’m delighted he has agreed to join us. He brings with him an incredible wealth of knowledge and insight which will be of huge value in the months ahead as we put in place a new geographical focus, concentrating on the developed markets that have the greatest potential for future growth.
We’ll be looking at new opportunities in the US, in Europe through Lloyd’s Brussels, together with those emerging markets where we are likely to see the best return on our investment. Dave’s leadership and expertise will ensure that Lloyd’s is better positioned to maximise these opportunities.”
Duclos added “I am pleased to be joining Lloyd’s in this advisory capacity at a period of great opportunity for the market, and to work closely with the Lloyd’s leadership team. Lloyd’s international network is a strong and much-admired asset for the market and I will bring my experiences in global insurance to further strengthen Lloyd’s position in the US and across the world.”
Lloyd's Trends(2,637 articles)