- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Swiss Re Sigma reports natural catastrophes accounted for $40bn economic losses in H1 2019- down from $45bn a year earlier-insured losses were $19bn($26bn)
- Global reinsurance experts urge investment in open-source risk models as part of climate adaptation strategy
- J.D. Power latest study says Small US business owners have never been more satisfied with their insurance providers
- Marsh research indicates that warranty and indemnity (W&I) claims notifications across EMEA have increased significantly since 2016
- "Treat artificial intelligence(AI) with caution" says Pega's Tarquini
- AIR Worldwide estimates insured losses in China from Typhoon Lekima to exceed CNY6bn expired
- Prudential Asian growth continues as it prepares for demerger expired
- M&GPrudential intends to list shares under M&G plc after the demerger from Prudential plc expired
- Admiral CEO Stevens comments on latest financials expired
- AIG appoints Olsen from Munich Re as Chief Actuary, General Insurance expired
- Aspen's Cloutier comments “We continue to see improvement in our underwriting performance" at half way expired
10th February 2019
Lloyd's appoint Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network
Lloyd’s has confirmed the appointment of David Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network, where he will play a key advisory role in the development of Lloyd’s international network.
He will take up the position at Lloyd’s immediately. With extensive international industry experience spanning four decades across a number of executive roles, including ceo of QBE North America(2013-2016) and Chief Executive of XL Group’s global insurance operations(2008-2011),Duclos’s non-executive director appointment further bolsters Lloyd’s leadership team following the appointment of cfo Burkhard Keese.
John Neal, ceo of Lloyd’s, comments “Dave is a fantastic asset to Lloyd’s and I’m delighted he has agreed to join us. He brings with him an incredible wealth of knowledge and insight which will be of huge value in the months ahead as we put in place a new geographical focus, concentrating on the developed markets that have the greatest potential for future growth.
We’ll be looking at new opportunities in the US, in Europe through Lloyd’s Brussels, together with those emerging markets where we are likely to see the best return on our investment. Dave’s leadership and expertise will ensure that Lloyd’s is better positioned to maximise these opportunities.”
Duclos added “I am pleased to be joining Lloyd’s in this advisory capacity at a period of great opportunity for the market, and to work closely with the Lloyd’s leadership team. Lloyd’s international network is a strong and much-admired asset for the market and I will bring my experiences in global insurance to further strengthen Lloyd’s position in the US and across the world.”
Lloyd's Trends(2,637 articles)