- Starling announces £50m investment by Goldman Sachs
- Bank of England publishes a policy regarding omnibus accounts
- Standard Chartered joins industry initiative to reduce carbon emissions in the shipping sector
- Santander accelerates transformation with 60% of its IT infrastructure already on the cloud
- RegTech industry backs FCA calls for ‘purposeful’ AML policies
- The FCA makes key sustainability and technology hires
- Juniper Research indicates domestic digital money transfer values to grow to $3.4tr by 2025 expired
- deVere says soaring demand drives gold-backed cryptocurrency listing expired
- Coinbase IPO: Online data shows the countries most interested in the cryptocurrency platform expired
- B-North partners with Testhouse to ensure banking platform is ready for launch expired
- FinTech TradeFlow boosts trade finance operations with Bolero’s eBL solution expired
- Moneyfacts says worst choice on record as savings market contracts expired
6th April 2021
Cardano’s coming of age–will it hit Bitcoin and Ethereum?
Cardano’s recent full decentralization will fuel its appeal and price, better positioning it to take on rivals Bitcoin and Ethereum in the booming cryptocurrency market, predicts deVere Group CEO and founder Nigel Green, as Cardano ADA) last week became a fully-fledged community-run network. Green comments “The price of Cardano has exploded over the last few months–up around 600% since the beginning of the year, recently making it the third largest cryptocurrency by market capitalisation after Bitcoin and Ethereum.
But now Cardano has come of age by becoming fully decentralized-meaning its parent company has handed control of the blockchain over to the community-we can expect it to attract more investors which will, of course, drive its price on an upward trajectory.
This milestone will help Cardano better position itself to challenge major rivals in the cryptoverse. Cardano is likely to be a challenger to Ethereum as not only can it be used as currency, but its blockchain– the tech on which it runs– can also be used to build smart contracts, protocols and decentralised applications. Plus, it is said to be significantly more scalable than Ethereum.
It will also pose a challenge to the all-mighty Bitcoin. This is because those who invest in digital assets already or are planning to do so, know that one of the secrets of successful investing is diversification. Therefore, these investors will want their cryptocurrencies diversified too and this is ultimately likely to eat into Bitcoin’s market share.”
Earlier this year Cardano(ADA) was added to deVere Crypto, the cryptocurrency exchange app, to join other major digital currencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Bitcoin Cash, XRP and Dogecoin. At the time, Green noted “The addition underscores our commitment to continually reviewing and expanding our cryptocurrency offering in order to give users of the exchange access to the opportunities and rewards of digital currencies.”
Green concludes “This landmark moment in Cardano’s development journey will further galvanise its position as a rising star in the crypto market. I wouldn’t be surprised if some celebrity investors soon publicly express their support on social media for Cardano as they have recently done with other cryptocurrencies.”
deVere Trends(103 articles)
Market information & research(4033 articles)