- UK Finance sets out future model for Open Banking
- Cyber crime now the biggest threat to banks-CSFI’s Banana Skins poll identifies top risks in banking world
- UK finance industry and police team up to stop over £45m of fraud in 2020
- Moneyfacts reflects one year on from the financial shock of the pandemic
- OakNorth Bank completes £10m property investment facility with global investment manager, L1 Capital
- Kalifa Review of UK FinTech published
- Santander reports Five Polish startups already selected in the fourth round of acceleration programme conducted jointly with Accelpoint expired
- Impact of APIs on digital banking discussed expired
- Nickel Digital research indicates that wealth managers are increasingly focusing on Bitcoin expired
- Nuapay extending open banking payment capabilities to German and Italian banks expired
- Paymob announces new channel partner Tæpp AS expired
- Fidor Solutions partners with SIA to launch instant payment service in Europe expired
23rd February 2021
"Investor confidence to skyrocket after lockdown roadmap announcement"- Luke Davis, CEO, IW Capital comments
"After a turbulent year of uncertainty and financial unrest, UK businesses can now look to the future with optimism with Boris JOhnson’s lockdown roadmap announcement providing a much needed timeline that businesses can now work towards as they plan for the months ahead and look to reopen in the coming months.
This immediate period after last night’s announcement is sure to boost investor confidence, with the pound at a new three year high playing a key role in the shift in sentiment among the private sector. With businesses now able to plan ahead, investors will now be looking to support their recovery, which in turn should enable future growth.
Private investment is a vital catalyst for wider economic growth-with the UK's high net worth community providing essential early indicators for the direction of wealth at a time where the distribution of capital is key. With a 12% increase in new businesses starting up during 2020 compared to 2019, 2021 is set to create some exciting investment opportunities for investors throughout the country and some that are sure to boost the wider British economy.
Despite the current climate, throughout the year businesses have shown resilience and have adapted quickly to the pandemic and the changes it has ushered in. Last night's announcement comes as welcome news for so many here in the UK who can now plan ahead and work towards reopening their doors from April onwards.
The year of doom and gloom is finally coming to an end and a line in the sand has been drawn as we move past COVID and successfully navigate Brexit. Now we will likely see investor confidence skyrocket as the private sectors looks to get behind these businesses to support recovery and enable future growth.
“The pent-up demand from this current lockdown is sure to act as a springboard to recovery for a lot of businesses here in the UK. People want to get out and spend, businesses want to grow and investors want to help them do that, it's a perfect storm for rapid growth.
Pubs will bounce back along with restaurants and other hospitality, no one will want to stay at home after the year we've had and I really believe that. Working with local residents on redeveloping the pub and hospitality venue Rockwater Hove has shown me how much people want, more than ever, a place to come together as a community. And, this is something we can all now look forward to.”
IW Capital Trends(11 articles)
Market information & research(3962 articles)