- S&P Global reports says reinsurers were left wanting more despite global reinsurance pricing gains at January renewals
- Bloomberg Intelligence report indicates US BI claims trial cases direction
- Insurance Europe publishes response to EIOPA on a potential methodology for the inclusion of climate change in the Solvency II natural catastrophe standard formula
- Aviva announced its plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040s
- ABI comments on publication of Statutory Instruments to amend Civil Procedure Rules and introduce Whiplash Tariffs
- COVID-19 and sustainability will be key insurance themes in 2021, says GlobalData
- Whitespace joins forces with Verisk’s Sequel to accelerate digital transformation of the global specialty market expired
- Juniper Research suggests value of premiums generated by InsurTech platforms will exceed $556bn in 2025, from $250bn in 2020 expired
- Core Specialty partners with Duck Creek Technologies for increased speed to market and operational efficiency expired
- EIS partners with esure Group to expedite its digital transformation expired
- Sapiens CEO reports on financials expired
- SiriusPoint launches with over $3bn in capital expired
21st February 2021
Insurance Newslink Global Trends-Weekly Editor's Overview
This week, Lloyd’s, in partnership with cyber analytics specialist CyberCube and reinsurance broker Guy Carpenter, launched a new report which examines how ‘Internet of Things’ devices are posing an increasingly high risk of cyber-attack to industrial and manufacturing businesses. A study of 1,247 workplaces by VPNOverview.com, cybersecurity experts, found that two thirds of businesses(66%) leave themselves at risk of cyberattacks due to their lack of having(or enforcing) password rotation policies, whilst Sontiq released its digital-oriented Intelligent Identity Security(IIS) Platform. GlobalData projected growth in the Australian and Indonesian insurance markets. A ClimateWise Principles Review indicated significant improvement in climate-related disclosure of insurers and highlighted the sector’s vital role in shaping resilience to climate change.
Willis Towers Watson responded to the HM Treasury Call for Evidence in the Solvency II Review. Insurance Europe published its response to a consultation by the European Commission(ECC) on a digital levy, and replied to the International Association of Insurance Supervisors(IAIS) on its proposal for an insurance liquidity ratio(ILR).Insurance Europe also published a new paper which outlined its positions on liability and artificial intelligence(AI).
Willis Towers Watson launched a "Future of Digital Health" white paper and Forrester released two new insurance industry reports on digitising progress, and InsurTech funding. Juniper Research estimated that the total number of vehicles with intelligent cockpits will reach 287 million by 2025; rising from 122 million in 2021. Duck Creek Technologies won the XCelent Technology Award for EMEA Property Casualty Policy Administration Systems, Vienna Insurance Group's(VIG) digital start-up, Beesafe, achieved a rapid four-month Guidewire deployment, and SSP announced that regulatory approval for its acquisition by The Volaris Group had been granted by the Financial Conduct Authority(FCA).
Compre announced the launch of its Lloyd’s legacy syndicate 1994 and its first Lloyd’s transaction–the reinsurance to close of Apollo syndicate 1969’s 2017 and prior years of account. Companies reporting financials included Aegon, AIG, Allianz, Unipol; and Brit, RenaissanceRe, and Swiss Re. There were senior appointments at HDI.
INSURANCE NEWSLINK-GLOBAL TRENDS RESEARCH SELF-SERVICE
With the COVID-19 pandemic necessitating a dispersed workforce resulting in a surge in digitisation, climate change ongoing issues, growing cyber threats, and public trust a continuing challenge, there is an increasing need for key staff to keep in touch with global market trends and to be able to speedily drill down on areas of interest and print/email an automatic report.
Full articles on the topics in the Editor's Weekly Overview above are included in those added this week to the unique Insurance Newslink Global Trends Database Research Matrix service at www.onlystrategic.com
The self-search and reporting service across all (re)insurance sectors has covered key global trends since its launch in 1993-bringing together significant worldwide market and IT/InsurTech intelligence from source-editing and linking across region/country, regulatory, surveys/research, results, and IT by business application area. The database contains over 53,000 linked articles and is updated twice-weekly.
Sister-service Banking Newslink contains over 34,000 articles, and Financial Newslink is a combination of both database services.
REGISTER FOR A 14 DAY FULL TRIAL TO ASSESS OUR SERVICE AT: