- More than 1.1 million businesses backed by £46bn through COVID-19 lending schemes
- New report urges banks to support just transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy in wake of pandemic
- Banking and Finance industry welcomes recommendations for "just transition" to net-zero carbon emissions
- The Investment Implications of Climate Risk– an investment manager’s view
- Z/Yen launches first edition of the Smart Centres Index (SCI 1)-London leads but US dominates The Top Ten
- Mastercard launches the FinTech Express program to support the rapid development of European start-ups
- Auriga opens its first offices in Spain and Mexico expired
- Monese partners with Paysafe to bridge the gap between cash and digital banking expired
- SIA and CRIF sign strategic partnership agreement to offer advanced Open Banking services and applications in Italy and Europe. expired
- B-North partners with Wiserfunding for SME credit risk assessment expired
- Stamp duty holiday boost for housing market, but are products available for borrowers to take advantage? asks Moneyfacts expired
- SMEs in corrupt countries discouraged from applying for business loans, says new research expired
30th June 2020
Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley held 24% of Wirecard voting rights before the collapse says Buyshares
Data obtained by Buyshares.co.uk indicates that Goldman Sachs Group and Morgan Stanley accounted for the highest voting rights at 14.1% and 10.29% respectively. Cumulatively, the two stakeholders had 24.39% in voting rights.
Buyshares research focused on shareholders with at least voting rights of 3%. Franc-based Societe Generale S.A had the third-highest voting rights at 6.37% followed by Black Rock with 5.57%. Citigroup closes the top five categories with 5.02% in voting rights. Elsewhere, DWS Investment had the sixth-highest voting rights at 3.34%. Union Investment Privatfonds had the least voting rights at 3.18%.
For stakeholders with high voting rights, they play a key in forging the way forward for any company. According to Buyshares.co.uk research report:
“With voting rights, shareholders like Goldman Sachs Group had the opportunity to vote on matters of corporate policy within Wirecard. They played a key role in determining who makes up the board of directors, issuing securities, initiating corporate actions, and making substantial changes in the corporation's operations."
Buyshares.co.uk's research also reviewed other global payment companies by ranking their market capitalization as of 2019. Visa occupies the top spot with a market cap of $352.57bn while Mastercard is second with a $256.88bn in market capitalisation. Paypal has the third-highest market capitalization at $128.95bn followed by Worldpay at $37.83bn. Shopify wraps the top five groups at $30.64. Square’s market capitalization of $26.2bn places it sixth among global payment solution companies followed by First Data’s $23.99bn. Adyen is eighth with a market capitalization of $23.78bn followed by TSYS at $21.86bn.
Before the collapse, Wirecard had a market capitalisation of $19.3bn to place it in the tenth spot.
The Wirecard scenario will definitely play a role in the future oversight of FinTech companies globally.
Background at: https://buyshares.co.uk/goldman-sachs-morgan-stanley-held-24-of-wirecard-voting-rights-before-the-collapse/