- More than 1.1 million businesses backed by £46bn through COVID-19 lending schemes
- New report urges banks to support just transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy in wake of pandemic
- Banking and Finance industry welcomes recommendations for "just transition" to net-zero carbon emissions
- The Investment Implications of Climate Risk– an investment manager’s view
- Z/Yen launches first edition of the Smart Centres Index (SCI 1)-London leads but US dominates The Top Ten
- Mastercard launches the FinTech Express program to support the rapid development of European start-ups
- Auriga opens its first offices in Spain and Mexico expired
- Monese partners with Paysafe to bridge the gap between cash and digital banking expired
- SIA and CRIF sign strategic partnership agreement to offer advanced Open Banking services and applications in Italy and Europe. expired
- B-North partners with Wiserfunding for SME credit risk assessment expired
- Stamp duty holiday boost for housing market, but are products available for borrowers to take advantage? asks Moneyfacts expired
- SMEs in corrupt countries discouraged from applying for business loans, says new research expired
30th June 2020
FCA issues a statement on Wirecard
The Financial Conduct Authority(FCA) have issued a statement on Wirecard:
"We have been working closely with Wirecard UK and other authorities over the last few days to ensure that the firm was able to meet certain conditions required to lift the restrictions we imposed on it. The FCA are now in a position to allow Wirecard to resume operational activity.
This means customers will now, or very shortly, be able to use their cards as usual. If any customers are still experiencing difficulties in using their card, they should contact their card provider directly and should do so using the contact details on their website.
We know that some people may have faced difficulties over the weekend and we worked with DWP, HMT and the Home Office in order to help anyone suffering financial distress. Anyone who is still in difficulties should see our website for more details.
We continue to work with the firm and are monitoring it closely to ensure it meets the conditions we have imposed and continues to protect consumers money."