- FCA says 7 out of 10 overdraft users will be better off or see no change when new rules on overdrafts come into force in April
- money.co.uk warns on overdrafts
- Fitch looks at bank downgrades and upgrades in second half of last year
- EBA launches public consultation on possible future changes to the EU-wide stress test
- Equifax expects rapid adoption of biometrics in 2020 as it enters the mainstream
- PPRO looks at how the e-commerce and FinTech markets will shape up in 2020
- CoinBurp reviews cryptocurrency survey expired
- Crypto Valley companies gain in substance expired
- aixigo and ti&m sign strategic partnership agreement expired
- allpay selected to issue prepaid Mastercard cards to distribute a special £2m National Lottery fund to bring communities together across the UK expired
- Entersekt and Netcetera implement authentication technology for Bank-Verlag expired
- Tink complete €90m investment round expired
13th December 2019
Nomura to acquire Greentech Capital Advisors
Nomura announced the proposed acquisition of Greentech Capital Advisors (Greentech), a boutique investment banking firm focused on supporting clients across sustainable technology and infrastructure.
The proposed transaction will give Nomura’s existing client base increased access to deep domain expertise and relationships in these areas, and provide Greentech with a broader suite of product capabilities, global reach, and direct access to Asian markets. The transaction is expected to close on 31 March, 2020, subject to certain conditions, including relevant regulatory approvals.
Founded in 2009 by Jeff McDermott, with offices in New York, San Francisco, and Zurich, Greentech is a financial and strategic advisor in sustainable technology and infrastructure, with a global team dedicated to supporting clients who are driving the sustainable transition of core infrastructure systems.
Greentech, to be rebranded as “Nomura Greentech”, will be part of Nomura’s Americas Investment Banking franchise, working hand-in-hand with the broader organisation in order to best serve their clients, benefiting from the full support of Nomura’s existing platform and close collaboration with Investment Banking and Global Markets.
Kentaro Okuda, Deputy President and Group Co-COO and incoming CEO, Nomura Holdings, said: “This transaction represents a key step towards strengthening Nomura’s global investment banking capabilities and enhances our presence in the Americas as well as our growing Power, Utilities, and Infrastructure practice in EMEA. Combined with the establishment of Nomura Institute of Capital Market Research’s Research Centre of Sustainability it shows our commitment towards the sustainable development of society.”