- Comment on COVID-19 loan schemes following Chancellor's extension announcement
- Latest COVID-19 loan schemes take-up revealed
- UK Finance reports criminals exploit COVID-19 as fraud moves increasingly online
- Equifax says digital transformation will accelerate and regulatory scrutiny increase post COVID-19
- First time house buyers plans delayed by pandemic-Bankrate UK comments
- Moody's comments on global banks outlook
- Spanish bank M&A reaching the next level of efficiency gains reports Scope expired
- NatWest launches new savings account-Bankrate UK comments expired
- PayPal and and Mastercard expand debit card offering to more European businesses expired
- Overdraft average rates double in past year but most vulnerable benefit from usage fee ban expired
- MarketFinance awarded £10m grant expired
- UK Finance responds to the Community Access to Cash Pilot’s announcement of its plans for pilot locations across the UK expired
13th December 2019
Nomura to acquire Greentech Capital Advisors
Nomura announced the proposed acquisition of Greentech Capital Advisors (Greentech), a boutique investment banking firm focused on supporting clients across sustainable technology and infrastructure.
The proposed transaction will give Nomura’s existing client base increased access to deep domain expertise and relationships in these areas, and provide Greentech with a broader suite of product capabilities, global reach, and direct access to Asian markets. The transaction is expected to close on 31 March, 2020, subject to certain conditions, including relevant regulatory approvals.
Founded in 2009 by Jeff McDermott, with offices in New York, San Francisco, and Zurich, Greentech is a financial and strategic advisor in sustainable technology and infrastructure, with a global team dedicated to supporting clients who are driving the sustainable transition of core infrastructure systems.
Greentech, to be rebranded as “Nomura Greentech”, will be part of Nomura’s Americas Investment Banking franchise, working hand-in-hand with the broader organisation in order to best serve their clients, benefiting from the full support of Nomura’s existing platform and close collaboration with Investment Banking and Global Markets.
Kentaro Okuda, Deputy President and Group Co-COO and incoming CEO, Nomura Holdings, said: “This transaction represents a key step towards strengthening Nomura’s global investment banking capabilities and enhances our presence in the Americas as well as our growing Power, Utilities, and Infrastructure practice in EMEA. Combined with the establishment of Nomura Institute of Capital Market Research’s Research Centre of Sustainability it shows our commitment towards the sustainable development of society.”