- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Swiss Re Sigma reports natural catastrophes accounted for $40bn economic losses in H1 2019- down from $45bn a year earlier-insured losses were $19bn($26bn)
- Global reinsurance experts urge investment in open-source risk models as part of climate adaptation strategy
- J.D. Power latest study says Small US business owners have never been more satisfied with their insurance providers
- Marsh research indicates that warranty and indemnity (W&I) claims notifications across EMEA have increased significantly since 2016
- "Treat artificial intelligence(AI) with caution" says Pega's Tarquini
- AIR Worldwide estimates insured losses in China from Typhoon Lekima to exceed CNY6bn expired
- Prudential Asian growth continues as it prepares for demerger expired
- M&GPrudential intends to list shares under M&G plc after the demerger from Prudential plc expired
- Admiral CEO Stevens comments on latest financials expired
- AIG appoints Olsen from Munich Re as Chief Actuary, General Insurance expired
- Aspen's Cloutier comments “We continue to see improvement in our underwriting performance" at half way expired
14th August 2019
Friese proposed as next Aegon CEO
Aegon has announces that its Supervisory Board intends to propose the appointment of Lard Friese as ceo to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. He will join the company as CEO-designate effective 1st March 2020 and succeed Alex Wynaendts at the AGM to be held on 15th May 2020.
Friese joins Aegon from NN Group where he currently is ceo. He has close to 30 years' experience in the financial services industry, including at Aegon between 1993 and 2003. The intended appointment has been approved by the company's regulators and positively advised upon by Aegon's works council.
William Connelly, chairman Supervisory Board, Aegon, comments "We are very pleased to announce our intention to appoint Lard as Aegon's new ceo after a thorough selection process from a strong bench of candidates. Lard is an outstanding leader with a proven track record and extensive experience in the insurance sector, including ten years at Aegon. He has led a wide range of businesses and inspired teams to achieve market leading positions.
Following 11 years under Alex's leadership, in which the company has undergone a successful strategic and financial transformation, we started a succession process in November last year. The company is now optimally positioned for the next phase of development, and Lard's intended appointment is a natural next step in building a sustainably growing and profitable business. The Supervisory Board is very grateful for Alex's continued leadership and expresses its gratitude for his commitment and enormous contribution to Aegon over more than two decades."
Wynaendts added "It has been a great privilege to lead Aegon during these past 11 years and to work with so many dedicated colleagues around the world to help our nearly 30 million customers secure their financial futures. I am very proud that we have successfully transformed Aegon and the company is now well positioned to realize its full potential. This creates a natural moment for me to hand over to my successor, who I welcome back to Aegon. I look forward to working together with my colleagues on executing on our strategic agenda until our AGM in 2020."
Mr. Wynaendts joined Aegon in 1997 and was appointed as a member of the company's Executive Board in 2003. He became coo in April 2007, and was appointed ceo and chairman of Aegon's Executive Board the following year.
Friese said "I am delighted to be joining Aegon as the next ceo at an exciting time for the business. Aegon has a long history of innovation, developing valued-added products and services for its customers, and well-known brands which provide financial security for people across the globe. I look forward to working together with the management team to fully capitalize on the company's opportunities."
Wynaendts will work closely together with Friese from March onwards to ensure a seamless leadership transition, and he will remain available as advisor to the company until 30th September 2020.
Aegon Trends(372 articles)