- Lloyd's announces key appointments for the governance and delivery of the Future at Lloyd’s Blueprint One programme together with confirmation of the raising of £300m of senior debt to fund the transformation
- Insurance Europe new publication-"Why Insurance" urges policymakers to make sure the industry’s special features are taken into account when developing insurance regulation
- Geneva Association Women in Insurance Award launched
- CII PublicTrust survey indicates UK consumers want action on renewal pricing
- Willis Towers Watson launches ResQ Financial Reporter, an out-of-the-box software solution designed to help P&C insurers implement IFRS 17
- Duck Creek announces that four leading investment firms have invested $120m in the company
- FRISS to partner with National Insurance Crime Bureau(NICB) expired
- City Insurance shows impressive growth expired
- Canopius appointsTongue as underwriter, trade & political risk expired
- Hannover Re and Global Parametrics in partnership with BMZ and KfW to form Natural Disaster Fund(NDF) Deutschland expired
- Victor Insurance Holdings announces approval from Lloyd’s to establish Victor Syndicate 2288 and commence underwriting effective 1st January expired
- BMS announces appointments to its US reinsurance team expired
14th August 2019
Friese proposed as next Aegon CEO
Aegon has announces that its Supervisory Board intends to propose the appointment of Lard Friese as ceo to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. He will join the company as CEO-designate effective 1st March 2020 and succeed Alex Wynaendts at the AGM to be held on 15th May 2020.
Friese joins Aegon from NN Group where he currently is ceo. He has close to 30 years' experience in the financial services industry, including at Aegon between 1993 and 2003. The intended appointment has been approved by the company's regulators and positively advised upon by Aegon's works council.
William Connelly, chairman Supervisory Board, Aegon, comments "We are very pleased to announce our intention to appoint Lard as Aegon's new ceo after a thorough selection process from a strong bench of candidates. Lard is an outstanding leader with a proven track record and extensive experience in the insurance sector, including ten years at Aegon. He has led a wide range of businesses and inspired teams to achieve market leading positions.
Following 11 years under Alex's leadership, in which the company has undergone a successful strategic and financial transformation, we started a succession process in November last year. The company is now optimally positioned for the next phase of development, and Lard's intended appointment is a natural next step in building a sustainably growing and profitable business. The Supervisory Board is very grateful for Alex's continued leadership and expresses its gratitude for his commitment and enormous contribution to Aegon over more than two decades."
Wynaendts added "It has been a great privilege to lead Aegon during these past 11 years and to work with so many dedicated colleagues around the world to help our nearly 30 million customers secure their financial futures. I am very proud that we have successfully transformed Aegon and the company is now well positioned to realize its full potential. This creates a natural moment for me to hand over to my successor, who I welcome back to Aegon. I look forward to working together with my colleagues on executing on our strategic agenda until our AGM in 2020."
Mr. Wynaendts joined Aegon in 1997 and was appointed as a member of the company's Executive Board in 2003. He became coo in April 2007, and was appointed ceo and chairman of Aegon's Executive Board the following year.
Friese said "I am delighted to be joining Aegon as the next ceo at an exciting time for the business. Aegon has a long history of innovation, developing valued-added products and services for its customers, and well-known brands which provide financial security for people across the globe. I look forward to working together with the management team to fully capitalize on the company's opportunities."
Wynaendts will work closely together with Friese from March onwards to ensure a seamless leadership transition, and he will remain available as advisor to the company until 30th September 2020.
Aegon Trends(372 articles)