- Chubb 's first quarter InFocus Report, "Cyber Criminals Increasingly Target Small Businesses" examines the emergence of new dominant strains of ransomware
- Geneva Association publishes new research Report-"Healthcare in Emerging Markets-Exploring the Protection Gaps"
- ABI welcomes Ogden first review
- CII New Generation Claims Group launch a landmark guide for the compensation of claims in the event of a riot
- Munich Re raises profit guidance to around E2.5bn for 2019-rise in dividend and further share buy-back programme to be proposed at AGM
- SCOR announces a range of senior appointments
- Duck Creek Technologies solutions selected by Australian-based Avant Mutual expired
- Majesco to acquire the India-based insurance software business from its parent company, Majesco Limited expired
- Majesco announce Carroll to lead European operation as Managing Director based in Dublin expired
- KW Specialty selects Sapiens Core Suite for Property & Casualty and ReinsurancePro expired
- MORE TH>N introduces new cashback scheme to help loyal customers offset the cost of renewing their insurance expired
- Antares appoints Campbell as Head of Financial Institutions at Antares Syndicate 1274 expired
9th January 2019
Gartside appointed as member of the Board of Management and Chief Investment Officer responsible for the whole Asset Management of Munich Re (Group)
The Supervisory Board of Munich Re has appointed Nicholas J. Gartside as member of the Board of Management. As chief Investment officer he will be responsible for the whole Asset Management of Munich Re (Group), starting on 18th March.
Joachim Wenning, chairman of the Board of Management, explained why a new board division has been created: “We are convinced we can further optimise the risk-return-profile of our investment portfolio. An essential pre-requisite to achieve this is to centralise results responsibility.”
Gartside is currently managing director at J.P. Morgan Asset Management in London, where he is International cio of the “Global Fixed Income, Currency & Commodities” group. Before joining J.P. Morgan in 2010, he was head of Global Fixed Income at Schroder Investment Management. Nicholas J. Gartside is 44 years old and a British citizen, he graduated with a B.A. in History and Politics from Durham University and an M.Phil in International Relations from Cambridge University.
Munich Re Trends(437 articles)