- Arxan highlights financial app vulnerability epidemic
- Traditional banks are turning to chatbots, says Teleperformance
- Government committees question Lloyds’ pension contributions for executives
- Complaints figures show increased dissatisfaction with short-term lenders
- Lloyds commits to training 2,500 colleagues by 2021 to help tackle mental health
- UK Finance publishes February 2019 card spending update
- UK named as 'best in the world' for Fintech investment expired
- The biggest sufferers of NSF/Provident Financial merger will be customers, says Fairmoney expired
- UK Finance publishes mortgage trends update for March 2019 expired
- New TTF report highlights loss of trust in financial services expired
- Paragon’s structured lending team supports Lantern Debt Recovery Services expired
- Crédit Agricole boosts profits in first quarter expired
7th December 2018
Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
Cloud-based, core banking provider Ohpen, has launched the Ohpen API Portal (OAP) in beta. OAP allows banks, insurance companies, and asset managers to easily assemble the products and services they would like to use, generate code and apply it in their online or mobile banking sites. This reduces time to market of API integration by up to 40 per cent for new features and functionalities – or for even launching a whole new bank.
Since its start in 2009, Ohpen was one of the first to follow a full-scale API strategy, enabling easy integration in new and legacy architectures. The Ohpen API Portal features a development console where all process operations required to run a bank can be explored. The console offers a sandbox that simulates the client’s technical landscape where these operations can be built, tried, and tested. These operations can be easily integrated in any application and website, in the knowledge that they have been tested and actually work.
The Ohpen API portal and the Ohpen Platform, both being cloud-native, are real-time synced. New features and releases in the Ohpen Platform are immediately available to software developers who use the Ohpen API Portal. The development console works for software engineers and product owners. When both user types are aligned, this makes core banking IT transformations simpler.
Erik Drijkoningen, Ohpen’s director of product development, said: “Providing our clients with the ability to assemble blocks of API calls that they can easily integrate in their own applications, whether it is internet or mobile banking, just works. Time to market of new releases, adding extra functionalities, or deploying a whole new investment or savings bank can now be done much faster and better improving reliability - all to the benefit of the retail customer.”