- Briggs steps down at Aviva-other senior management changes
- Fitch says US property/casualty(P/C) industry returned to a modest statutory underwriting profit in 2018
- Willis Reinsurance Index down 10% to $335.7bn at 2018 year-end
- Hiscox Cyber Readiness Report 2019 indicates sharp increase in the number and cost of cyber attacks is the key finding in a study of more than 5,400 organisations across seven countries
- Consumer Intelligence survey highlights UK customers overwhelmed by insurance information
- FCA publishes Feedback Statement summarising the responses received to its Discussion Paper - ‘A duty of care and potential alternative approaches’
- Majesco reports its annual customer conference crushed attendance records-announces partnership with DataRobot expired
- Majesco announces wide range of ready-to-use partner apps available in the Majesco Digital1st EcoExchange marketplace expired
- S&P Global Ratings and Guidewire Software announce increased collaboration to inform cyber security factors expired
- AmeriTrust chooses Xponent Underwriting Workstation from Intellect SEEC for underwriting transformation expired
- Travelers reports strong first quarter expired
- Trust Re holds AGM and welcomes new ceo expired
11th November 2018
Novidea breaking the mould
Insurance Newslink dropped in recently to Novidea’s office in the City of London to be shown a demonstration of the company’s customer-centric platform which is in active and most effective use with significant clients. Ben Potts, manager UK, said that Novidea were targeting the top 5O brokers, but the distribution solution is equally appropriate for smaller brokers, MGA’s, speciality carriers, insurers, and bancassurers. The solution is at present servicing more than 12 million policies in 10 countries including the UK and US, with even a life application in Israel-significant progress for a company only nine years old.
The self-service portal is most impressive, providing comprehensive and slick customer management-Novidea calls it “Actionable Intelligence”, turning data into more revenue per customer and higher margins. Some key features are the timing of sessions and meetings at customer level, comparing costs against premiums and commissions ready for renewal negotiation, and automatic identification of sales opportunities for a specific size and type of customer.
There is no better proof of effectiveness than a client’s achievements through use of the modular cloud-based portal. Reviewing two years data at major user Howden Broking Group, improvements included painless user adoption, over 63% more policy sales, 40% increase in cross sales, and 30% more renewals. Data accuracy was also up by over 25%.
The portal demonstration has to be seen to be believed-simplicity itself but effective in bringing every aspect of customer management together. It is built around Salesforce CRM, and Salesforce Ventures are a Novidea investor.
Novidea are certainly a company to watch and Insurance Newslink will be keeping in touch with progress.
Novidea Trends(2 articles)