- IAIS will soon embark on a new strategic direction following approval of its 2020-2024 Strategic Plan and Financial Outlook(SPFO)
- EIOPA publishes 2018 Annual Report
- IPCC circulates Final Draft including the Summary for Policymakers(SPM) of the Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate(SROCC) to governments
- UK motor insurers had impressive 2018 but prospects could worsen in next two years says EY research
- FCA publishes first annual perimeter report
- Insurer legacy systems holding back single customer view and slowing digital transformation says new MarkLogic global survey
- Econocom research indicates that over a quarter of businesses(26%) have had digital transformation projects fail expired
- Riskbook the winner of the London semi-final round of the ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge (AIIC) expired
- Argo deploys AVYST’s bi-directional forms system, eForms Wizard, making it possible for clients and brokers to enter risk details just once, at source expired
- SURA Columbia successfully deploys its integrated claims fraud detection programme for motor personal lines with the FRISS accelerator for Guidewire ClaimCenter. expired
- Brown appointed Non Executive Director at SSP expired
- Randall steps down as Group CEO at R&Q expired
11th November 2018
Novidea breaking the mould
Insurance Newslink dropped in recently to Novidea’s office in the City of London to be shown a demonstration of the company’s customer-centric platform which is in active and most effective use with significant clients. Ben Potts, manager UK, said that Novidea were targeting the top 5O brokers, but the distribution solution is equally appropriate for smaller brokers, MGA’s, speciality carriers, insurers, and bancassurers. The solution is at present servicing more than 12 million policies in 10 countries including the UK and US, with even a life application in Israel-significant progress for a company only nine years old.
The self-service portal is most impressive, providing comprehensive and slick customer management-Novidea calls it “Actionable Intelligence”, turning data into more revenue per customer and higher margins. Some key features are the timing of sessions and meetings at customer level, comparing costs against premiums and commissions ready for renewal negotiation, and automatic identification of sales opportunities for a specific size and type of customer.
There is no better proof of effectiveness than a client’s achievements through use of the modular cloud-based portal. Reviewing two years data at major user Howden Broking Group, improvements included painless user adoption, over 63% more policy sales, 40% increase in cross sales, and 30% more renewals. Data accuracy was also up by over 25%.
The portal demonstration has to be seen to be believed-simplicity itself but effective in bringing every aspect of customer management together. It is built around Salesforce CRM, and Salesforce Ventures are a Novidea investor.
Novidea are certainly a company to watch and Insurance Newslink will be keeping in touch with progress.
Novidea Trends(2 articles)