- US Department of the Treasury and the Office of the US Trade Representative announce their intent to sign the Bilateral Agreement between the US and the UK on Prudential Measures Regarding Insurance and Reinsurance (US-UK Covered Agreement)
- Insurance Europe raises serious concerns in its response to a consultation by the European Commission on its draft proposals for the 2018 review of the Solvency II Delegated Regulation
- Insurance Europe seriously concerned by the quick-fix approach taken by the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) in their proposals for changes to the Key Information Document (KID) for Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance Products (PRIIPs)
- Commercial insurance prices in the US increased by over 2% in the third quarter of 2018 according to Willis Towers Watson CLIPS survey
- SME attitude to cyber security worrying says Aon after commissioning poll
- Beazley launches cyber and breach response portal that provides exclusive access to a wealth of risk management information and risk mitigation tools to its Beazley Breach Response (BBR) policyholders in the UK, France, Spain and Italy
- Royal London CEO and Chair to stand down expired
- Co-operators selects Guidewire Predictive Analytics for Claims to embed predictive insights into Guidewire ClaimCenter expired
- Willis Towers Watson launches latest version of its innovative Radar software expired
- Coverys to join DTW’s panel of capacity providers as one of its largest backers expired
- Peak Re launches Asia’s first sidecar transaction via a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose insurer, Lion Rock Re expired
- Ed appoints CEO-designate and is setting up a new broking platform in Bermuda expired
11th November 2018
Novidea breaking the mould
Insurance Newslink dropped in recently to Novidea’s office in the City of London to be shown a demonstration of the company’s customer-centric platform which is in active and most effective use with significant clients. Ben Potts, manager UK, said that Novidea were targeting the top 5O brokers, but the distribution solution is equally appropriate for smaller brokers, MGA’s, speciality carriers, insurers, and bancassurers. The solution is at present servicing more than 12 million policies in 10 countries including the UK and US, with even a life application in Israel-significant progress for a company only nine years old.
The self-service portal is most impressive, providing comprehensive and slick customer management-Novidea calls it “Actionable Intelligence”, turning data into more revenue per customer and higher margins. Some key features are the timing of sessions and meetings at customer level, comparing costs against premiums and commissions ready for renewal negotiation, and automatic identification of sales opportunities for a specific size and type of customer.
There is no better proof of effectiveness than a client’s achievements through use of the modular cloud-based portal. Reviewing two years data at major user Howden Broking Group, improvements included painless user adoption, over 63% more policy sales, 40% increase in cross sales, and 30% more renewals. Data accuracy was also up by over 25%.
The portal demonstration has to be seen to be believed-simplicity itself but effective in bringing every aspect of customer management together. It is built around Salesforce CRM, and Salesforce Ventures are a Novidea investor.
Novidea are certainly a company to watch and Insurance Newslink will be keeping in touch with progress.
Novidea Trends(2 articles)