- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- More Brexit comments relating to the insurance market
- Mactavish highlights significant flaws in many of specialist cyber insurance policies
- GFIA comments on IAIS paper on recovery planning
- Co-op to sell general insurance business to Markerstudy
- Insurance Fraud Bureau(IFB) launches its new fraud prevention platform powered by analytics specialist SAS
- IUA appoints consultant to help its member companies make the most of their use of central London Market processing services expired
- Japanese insurer Rakuten chooses Guidewire ClaimCenter solution for its automobile insurance business expired
- Majesco releases new thought leadership report-" InsurTech: Energizing the Shift to Digital Insurance 2.0 " expired
- Swiss Re appoints Kane as the new Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of its UK-based closed book business ReAssure expired
- Guy Carpenter announces the formation of a new Global Capital Solutions Group and a series of new leadership appointments related to the JLT acquisition expired
- Integro Insurance Brokers Wholesale business now trading as “Tysers” expired
7th November 2018
Insurance Europe welcomes IAIS changes to its proposals for a ComFrame for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups(IAIGs)
Europe’s insurers have welcomed changes made by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors(IAIS) to its proposals for a Common Framework(ComFrame) for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs).
In particular, the IAIS’ efforts to clarify how requirements apply across an IAIG are welcome. However, additional guidance is needed on what approach should be taken if the group-wide and legal entity supervisors have different expectations.
In its response to an IAIS consultation on ComFrame, Insurance Europe said it generally supports the ComFrame material and the IAIS’ proposed guidance, however a number of concerns were raised with respect to overlapping issues and lack of consistency between specific insurance core principles(ICPs), overly detailed and prescriptive governance requirements and requests for further clarification.
Insurance Europe reiterated the need for proportionality to be an overarching principle in ICPs and ComFrame, adding that proportionality needs to be introduced to several provisions throughout the ICPs.
Insurance Europe Trends(159 articles)
IAIS Trends(136 articles)