- Nomura to partner with China Asset Management in Connectivity Scheme
- Mastercard redefines choice at checkout with acquisition of Vyze
- Federal Reserve fines UniCredit for unsafe and unsound practices related to inadequate sanctions controls
- Credit Suisse to take controlling stake in its China securities joint venture
- Interac evolves beyond debit cards to cater to emerging digital payment landscape, says GlobalData
- NatWest to use biometric payment approval for all business payments
- UniCredit joins Plug and Play to discover new innovative solutions for the Group and clients expired
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays expired
- Credit Kudos raises £2.2m in latest round of funding expired
- Customer engagement key differentiator for banks as total redress payments increase expired
- BNY Mellon publishes mixed results for Q1 2019 expired
- KeyCorp Q1 results reflect solid underlying trends in core businesses expired
9th November 2018
deVere launches actively managed cryptocurrency solution
A pioneering actively managed cryptocurrency solution has been launched. The deVere Group has founded the deVere Digital Asset Funds, a suite of digital currency solutions for experienced investors, in association with Dalma Capital Management, a hedge fund manager in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, said: “Cryptocurrencies are now undeniably part of mainstream finance. Their momentum continues to gain traction as both retail and institutional investors increasingly value the need and demand for digital, global currencies in today’s ever-more digitalised and globalised world.
“The crypto market continues to expand considerably, with mass adoption on the horizon. These actively managed cryptocurrency solutions address growing demand by clients who want the potential associated benefits of exposure to the digital currency sector - which typically include portfolio diversification and decent returns - but with reduced volatility for which the market is known.
“The deVere Digital Asset solution will invest in a diversified portfolio of digital assets via algorithmic trading over different platforms – including crypto-currency exchanges and OTC markets – as well as arbitrage opportunities.
“Through a ground-breaking algorithmic system, when the price of one asset, for instance Bitcoin or Ethereum, is greater on one platform than on another, the opportunity is identified to generate profit from the difference of price across platforms. These trades, referred to as arbitrage, allow profits to be generated with little or no directional market risk.”
The deVere Digital Asset Platform is to be showcased at the forthcoming Alternative Investment Management (AIM) Summit taking place in Dubai on 26-27 November at the Ritz Carlton hotel.