- Insurance Newslink drops in for a Guidewire update
- LMA says 80% of Lloyd’s managing agents would “like to see Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) products become a permanent fixture in the re/insurance market”
- PPL exceeds first quarter adoption targets
- esure Board reaches agreement with Bain Capital over all cash offer-interim profit impacted by adverse weather but growth continues
- Admiral produces strong interim result and growth all round
- CII and FCA launching series of nationwide professional focus CPD conferences for members working in the insurance profession
- Insurance Europe publishes response to the European Commission’s consultation on its proposed InvestEU programme expired
- Tremor Technologies announces that its programmatic risk placement marketplace is fully operational with significant buyers and sellers of re/insurance protection in place expired
- Continental General(CGIC) to acquire Humana’s long-term care insurance business, KMG America Corporation expired
- Talanx Chairman Leue "very satisfied" at half way expired
- SOBC DARAG forms joint venture in US-first acquisition announced expired
- Starstone announces a new casualty consortium targeted at the Australian and New Zealand markets expired
16th May 2018
Insurance Europe responds to EIOPA consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II
Insurance Europe has responded to the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority’s(EIOPA) consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II reporting and disclosure, which included more than 300 new validations.
Insurance Europe said it would be difficult to implement these new validations in time for Q4 reporting, particularly for complex groups. Therefore, Insurance Europe proposes that the new validations should not be obligatory for the first year of application, and only become obligatory in the second year.
In addition, Insurance Europe welcomed the fact that EIOPA included some Q&As in the ITS. However, because EIOPA did not include all relevant Q&As in the ITS, Insurance Europe called for this to be addressed.
Insurance Europe Trends(142 articles)
EIOPA Trends(326 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,508 mentions in Insurance Newslink)