- FCA outlines the measures it will take to protect consumers and sets out when and how the organisation takes action
- OnDot/YouGov survey indicates that UK adults are ready for real-time interaction with their banks
- FSB publishes report to G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors on its work with standard-setting bodies on Crypto-assets
- Cryptocurrencies now “undeniably part of mainstream finance” says deVere Group CEO Green
- Goldman Sachs announces Blankfein retirement-Solomon to succeed as Chairman and CEO
- BlackFin largest independent FinTech fund in Europe after completing a E180m final closing
- Fenergo Client Lifecycle Management solutions selected for The FinTech50 2018. expired
- UK FinTech PayBreak secures additional £15m of funding with specialist banking group Paragon expired
- Danske Bank announces first half result and updates on Estonia investigation expired
- Moneysupermarket on track for first six months-introduces new mortgage FinTech Podium expired
- Arbuthnot reports strong first half expired
- Goldman Sachs post strongest first half return in nine years expired
12th January 2018
TD Bank Group acquires AI company Layer 6
TD Bank Group has acquired Layer 6 Inc, an artificial intelligence (AI) company based in Toronto, Ontario. Layer 6 has emerged as a pioneer in the delivery of responsive, personalised and insight-driven experiences for the financial services industry. Layer 6 founders Tomi Poutanen and Jordan Jacobs are also co-founders of the Vector Institute, a leader in AI research and education.
Bharat Masrani, Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group, said: "Anticipating and meeting customer needs are at the heart of our promise, and we are excited to further accelerate our innovation agenda to deliver well into the future. As we deploy new solutions, we will extend our deep relationship with customers across all of our platforms and offer personalised, connected and legendary experiences for our customers in the digital age."
Jordan Jacobs, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, Layer 6, said: "TD is committed to leading the market with new innovation and superior customer experiences. Layer 6 was founded to help organisations harness the power of artificial intelligence, and we are excited to join TD and help them build for the future."
The acquisition is not expected to have a meaningful impact on TD's Common Equity Tier 1 Capital ratio.