- PRA and FCA consults on expectations for the management of financial risks from climate change
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses from Hurricane Michael at $6bn to $10bn
- LMA’s satellite imagery and intelligence service speeding up assessment and payment of Hurricane Florence and Michael claims
- US P&C insurers more than double first half after tax net income
- Nine insurance associations across the world write jointly to IASB to suggest a two year delay needed to implement IFRS 17 successfully
- IUA reports increase of 16% to £26.314bn in gross written premiums for 2017
- UK Comprehensive car insurance premiums rise 1%-Brexit might delay Civil LIabilities Act introduction expired
- ACORD announces the winners of the 2018 ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge(AIIC) expired
- 2018.2 release of Guidewire InsurancePlatform announced expired
- Treaty reinsurance goes live on PPL to complete class roll out expired
- Ardonagh to sell Direct Group's claims business to Davies Group expired
- Ergo Group to sell its Russian life book to Rosgosstrakh expired
10th January 2018
Board and CEO changes at Hastings Insurance Group
Hastings Insurance group has announced changes to its Board.
Mike Fairey, who joined the business in June 2015, has notified the Board that he has decided to retire as chairman and will step down from the Board at the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM) in May.
Gary Hoffman, who joined the business as Group ceo in November 2012, will take over the role of non-Executive chairman when Fairey steps down.
Toby van der Meer, who joined the business in June 2011 and has been managing director of the company's UK trading subsidiary, Hastings Insurance Services Limited, will be appointed to the company's Board with effect from 1st March and will take over the role of ceo as of that date. In the period between van deer Meer's appointment and his appointment as chairman, Hoffman will remain on the Board as an executive director.
Hastings Trends(48 articles)