- PRA and FCA consults on expectations for the management of financial risks from climate change
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses from Hurricane Michael at $6bn to $10bn
- LMA’s satellite imagery and intelligence service speeding up assessment and payment of Hurricane Florence and Michael claims
- US P&C insurers more than double first half after tax net income
- Nine insurance associations across the world write jointly to IASB to suggest a two year delay needed to implement IFRS 17 successfully
- IUA reports increase of 16% to £26.314bn in gross written premiums for 2017
- UK Comprehensive car insurance premiums rise 1%-Brexit might delay Civil LIabilities Act introduction expired
- ACORD announces the winners of the 2018 ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge(AIIC) expired
- 2018.2 release of Guidewire InsurancePlatform announced expired
- Treaty reinsurance goes live on PPL to complete class roll out expired
- Ardonagh to sell Direct Group's claims business to Davies Group expired
- Ergo Group to sell its Russian life book to Rosgosstrakh expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)