- World Economic Forum publishes Global Risks Report 2018
- Management changes at Aviva
- IUA outlines priorities for London company market in 2018
- Cyber incidents top UK business risk according to Allianz Risk Barometer 2018
- FICO partners with Barbican to enable measurement of cybersecurity risk
- SCOR named "Reinsurer of the Year" for 2017 by InsuranceERM
- Pitts appointed Chairman of LMA Worldwide Property Panel expired
- Sequel appoints Summers as CEO expired
- SSP strengthens software development with the appointment of Software Engineering Director expired
- Rothesay Life names Kheraj as Chairman expired
- Argo renews Harambee Re as sidecar reinsurer for 2018 expired
- Markel International appoints Sales and Marketing Director of its national markets business in the UK expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)