- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- The InsurTech Accelerator, part of Hartford InsurTech Hub powered by Startupbootcamp InsurTech, hosts its first Demo Day
- Coverfox receives further funding of $22m
- TMK in strategic arrangement with Australian InsurTech Evari
- Envelop Risk, a global specialty cyber insurance analytics and underwriting firm, launches in San Francisco
- Ovum researches 2,500 UK insurance buyers to understand what insurers can do to differentiate
- PERILS AG releases second loss estimate from windstorm Friederike expired
- EIOPA publishes 2017 oversight activities report addressed to the European Parliament expired
- esure successfully piloting Synectics Precision solution to plot customer behaviour and prevent potential fraud expired
- Sapiens IDIT solution selected by HDI Sigorta in Turkey expired
- AIG announces the authorisation of new insurance companies in the UK and Luxembourg with Brexit in mind expired
- Generali to sell Belgium arm to Athora Holdings expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)