- Lloyd's/Deloitte consumer research indicates sharing is widespread but tremendous growth opportunity still exists
- US P&C insurers more than double net income in first quarter according to ISO/PCI report
- UK motor insurance premiums continue to drop says latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index
- EIOPA publishes report on "Failures and near misses in insurance: Overview of the causes and early identification"
- Insurance Europe responds to European Commission’s consultation on technical standards for drones and conditions for their use
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions' latest publication focuses on new satellite constellations and their impact on the increasingly dynamic space environment
- CII survey indicates significant gender pay gap expired
- HIscox publishes first of a series of Cyber Claims reports expired
- TMK to partner with NTT DATA UK to provide Robotic Process Automation(RPA) services expired
- OneWorld Instech established expired
- Digital Risks InsurTech raises £2.25m in investment round expired
- Shift Technology's claims fraud detection solution FORCE chosen by Assurant expired
10th January 2018
Coulson appointed CUO of Fidelis Underwriting
Fidelis Insurance has announced the promotion of Richard Coulson to the position of cuo of Fidelis Underwriting Limited(FUL). He takes up this role with immediate effect and will report to Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL.
Coulson joined Fidelis in June 2015 as head of Specialty and was promoted to director of FUL Underwriting in 2017. Prior to that, he served as executive director of Political Risk, Structured Credit and Surety at RK Harrison. His early career was spent at MMC Capital and Marsh, where he focused on structuring alternative risk transfer, and captive solutions. After Marsh, he spent three years at Hiscox underwriting the company’s space and satellite and offshore energy books–winning the Hiscox Award for Innovation whilst there, before returning to broking and serving as a partner at JLT, specialising in Credit and Political Risk. . Coulson was elected a fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Institute of Risk Management eleven years ago and during his career has also won the IRM Award for Risk Analysis excellence and an ABI Young Insurer of the Year award–recognising his work on developing innovative new products within the insurance industry.
Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL, comments “Rich has ably demonstrated his underwriting acumen and a talent for developing innovative products. He has been integral to the success and growth of FUL’s business. I am delighted to confirm his appointment to this role.”
Fidelis Trends(15 articles)