- Vocalink to modernise Peruvian electronic payments infrastructure
- Société Générale to open clearing capability for derivatives and OTCs in Paris
- iwoca adds Barclays and HSBC to Open Banking connections
- UK regulator grants electronic money licence to Airwallex
- MoneyGram launches new mobile app in 14 countries
- Revolut granted specialised bank and electronic money institution licences
- KeyBank launches Initial Opportunity Zone Fund for affordable housing expired
- Competitive market drives highest rate of remortgaging in a decade, says UK Finance expired
- Shri Shaktikanta Das appointed new Governor of Indian central bank expired
- Danske is first NI bank to launch Open Banking feature expired
- Demand for chief technology officers in financial services sector set to soar expired
- Zeux to list Hedera's native HBAR token in its digital payment wallet expired
27th February 2015
New Chief Executive for Credit Agricole
Credit Agricole SA has appointed Philippe Brassac as Chief Executive Officer. He will take up his position following the general shareholders’ meeting on 20th May, 2015.
Mr Brassac is Chief Executive Officer of the Caisse Regionale Provence Cote d’Azur. Since January 2010, he has been General Secretary of Federation Nationale du Credit Agricole, Vice-Chairman of SAS Rue La Boetie and Vice-Chairman of Credit Agricole SA’s Board of Directors.
Mr Brassac joined Credit Agricole du Gard in 1982, where he was head of organisation and then head of finance, banking and marketing. In 1994, he was appointed Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Credit Agricole des Alpes Maritimes, and continued to hold this position at Credit Agricole Provence Cote d’Azur when it was formed from the merging of Caisse Regionale des Alpes Maritimes, Caisse Regionale des Alpes de Haute-Provence and Caisse Regionale du Var.
Aged 55, Mr Brassac is a graduate of the Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l’Administration Economique and holds an advanced diploma in mathematics.